Sunday, January 8, 2012

~When the Time Was Right....~

Last week, I finally got around to purchasing a 2012 calendar.  The one I picked out was from DaySpring.  When I opened it up, there was a cardboard insert with a poem inside.  I don't know if it's the same one in every calendar but it is so lovely and, of course, so true that I wanted to share it as today's Thought to Ponder.


When the time was right,
the sea parted,
the walls fell down,
the lions went hungry,
the sun stood still,
the star appeared,
the waves were calmed,
the stone was rolled away,
the Lord ascended...
And when the time is right,
the King of Kings will return.

God is never early and He's never late~
He's always right on time and His plans for you are good.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11


I pray that you are blessed with knowing and having peace about God's plan for you today ~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Velma, I love DaySpring! Such uplifting and beautiful cards and ephemera they have. I am certain I've received little page inserts in my things as well, so I think they just do that when they print for everyone who buys DaySpring product.

God is never early, and He's never late...His plans for us are good...

Yes, a beautiful reminder of faith and His grace... Happy Sunday to you! xo

Patty Marker said...

I needed to hear this right now. I am in waiting mode right now and it is so hard not act rather than wait. Thank you for sharing this message. Patty

My Vintage Mending said...

So true. To stop and listen and give it to him. Just a simple reminder to just be...Blessings...Renee

Kerin said...

Beautiful thought.
Thanks for sharing.

I have found that if I do my best, Heavenly Father will make up the rest :)

Have a beautiful day.

Cindy said...

That is really beautiful, Velma and SO true~ Praise God for He is always right on time!
Hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful verse, and gorgeous picture. It is always a special purchase to decide which calender you will spend a year with,,,I think you made a good choice. I was gifted ones with cats on them, I like them too

Carol

Blondie's Journal said...

How nice to find this in your calender! Precious words!

XO,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful post! We just watched the Courageous movie at church tonight and this would have fit perfectly. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I would love it if you stop by and join in our "impossible challenge" tomorrow.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Hi Velma, I found your lovely blog at Cozy Home Scenes.I am a new follower. My mom lives near Ada, so I was wondering what part of OK you live in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...