Sunday, January 22, 2012

~Can't Leave a Comment, Not Getting Comments or Your Pages Are Freezing?~

I think this is a problem that many of us bloggers have been experiencing lately.  Yesterday, I found out what the problem was and fixed it but haven't had a chance to post about it yet.  Thankfully, Carol from The Polka Dot Closet, has created a post about it, why it was happening and how to fix it.  So I am reposting HER post about it.  (yes, she knows I am doing this).....


Here's the fix!


I thought you had all lost that loving feeling.  I wasn't getting many comments

If you are not getting many comments
If you can't leave a comment
If you are visiting a blog and the pages are freezing

Here's the problem and the fix

Blogger introduced a new feature for people who use the imbedded comment format (As opposed to those who have a pop up or full page comment boxes).  Everything got messed up and they have not yet been able to fix it.

Some people who comment with Internet Explorer (Not those using Safari or Firefox) on a post with imbedded format, are not able to comment.  If they search other pages in your blog the pages freeze

Here's the work around as they do not yet have a fix
Change your comments to "Pop up" or "Full Page".  Go to Dashboard>Settings>Comments> And change it

If you are unable to comment on a blog, let the blog owner know to change her settings to "Pop up" for comments.  I am sure many blogs have no idea this is going on as they are still receiving some comments from people that don't use Internet Explorer

Geez, it sure would have been nice of Blogger to let us know this was a problem!  I found it by searching forums

This public service announcement was brought to you by 

Thank you Carol!!!  Please take the time to stop by her blog and thank her for bringing this to our attention.


Photobucket
Pin It

28 comments:

Quilting "b" said...

Hi Velma
I have made the change you have suggested. Hopefully this will fix the problem. I have had a few people tell me they are having problems with my blog. I am new to blogging so this is all sooooooooo confusing to me. Thank you for your help.

Unknown said...

It works! WhooHoo!
Thank You!

Ann said...

I read about this on Blogger Buz and fixed mine about a week ago. Thanks for sharing, there are still quite a few of my followers I'm having a hard time commenting on.
Ann

Sunny Simple Life said...

Thanks for posting this. I have been getting e-mails that this was a problem and just fixed it. Thanks.

Faye said...

Thanks for the tip!! I will have to go look at my setting.....

Sam I Am...... said...

Thank you both! I have to go check mine now! Good to know!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Yea! We are getting the word out! It is just not an obvious problem like "All of our followers missing" it was only happening to some people. We have done our public service for this fine Sunday!LOL

Carol

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh thank you my dear. I have been missing some of my readers dearly. Always such wonderful info here. I am still trying to get over your genius pattern info...smiles...Renee

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I had a kind friend tell me, and I switched back to pop up immediately. So much for embedded comments, it lasted a day on my blog.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hi Velma...goodness Blogger sure messed up didn't they! Thanks for the info...I see a few other blogs are having the same problem. Thanks to your friend for posting a solution...I'll head over there in the morning and say Hi :) I hope your weekend was a good one...enjoy your week!
Maura :)

Deb said...

Thank you for this link Velma, I had no idea this was a problem until Lois (The Huckleberry Lady) told me she couldn't comment on my blog and directed me to your site. Thank you and is it OK if I share your link on my blog as well in case others are having the same problem? Deb

Little Susie Home Maker said...

This is great that you have a solution to this. Thanks to both of you, I will pass the news.
Blessings,
Susie

Mecky said...

Thank you, Velma. I will go do that now!
Thanks for stopping by and letting me know about your post!!

mecky

Cindy said...

Wow I hope this works, I heard that could be the problem, so I have done what she suggested.

Mary Ann Tate said...

I saw about this over at Deb Paxton's blog...Thank You!!!! I have put a link to this post for my followers as I am having problems on some of their blogs too.

famfa said...

Thank you for posting this. Very interesting. I will now go and thank Carol too. giveaway over at mine http://busybutterfingers.blogspot.com/2012/01/pay-it-forward-giveaway.html

Jans Funny Farm said...

We've posted on this before because a blogging friend brought it to our attention. We use Firefox so could leave comments where the friend couldn't. Most bloggers were glad to know there was a problem and made the change.

We're glad to see others posting on the problem so more bloggers become aware.

Serena Lewis said...

Actually, it's not a Blogger issue but rather an issue with Internet Explorer. You see, a lot of Blog Hosts, including Blogger, are now including the new HTML5 coding and Internet Explorer sees it as an error. It's Microsoft who need to get their act together and get with the times. Firefox, Opera, Chrome all upgrade regularly so they recognise HTML5 coding hence no issues with them. When my blog is viewed in Internet Explorer, the footer completely disappears and people can't expand my 'Show All' blog lists. Why? IE sees the HTML5 coding as an error and won't load it. Yet, there are no issues with my blog when viewed through all other browsers.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Thank you for this. Posted your link in my blog to spread the word.

Pomona said...

What is very irritating about all this is that I have been having similar problems in Chrome - which is supposed to be the best browser to use. You would have thought that Google could get all their platforms to work together!

Pomona x

webdesign Berlin said...

awesome

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Thanks for the tip. May I re-post on my blog and link back to you? Also, I use firefox but I still have trouble leaving comments on some peoples blogger blogs.

Mindy said...

thank you, I've linked to your blog so others can fix the problem

Elizabeth's quarters said...

Thanks, that's really helpful, I've pulling my hair out trying to figure out the problem on my own!

Unknown said...

thank you very much very helpful

Toko buku islam

WIWI said...


Mesin Granulator Kompos: Mesin Produksi Kompos Organik

Handicrafts said...

This is a very useful information.

Asa's Home said...

thank you for this excelent article

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...