Wednesday, February 8, 2012

~Bar-B-Q Beef Sandwiches~

We had a family get-together over the weekend for the big game.  Like most football games, we had alot of finger type foods and I wanted to try a new recipe.  I didn't want to spend alot of time in the kitchen, of course, and so the crock pot was going to be put to good use.

I have quite a collection of cookbooks and showed you quite a few of them in my post about My Farmhouse Vignette and also about "wanting one of these" for my cookbooks, which happens to be a chicken feeder.  Oh, and I haven't had a chance to look for the feeder yet but when I do, I'll let you know. ;)

Anyway....in my collection of cookbooks I have one specifically for slow cookers...Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cooker Recipes.  It's got some great recipes in it.  (Gooseberry doesn't know me from Adam by the way).

I found this recipe called Bar-B-Q Steak Sandwiches.  The main ingredient is beef round steak but I wanted to use chuck roast.  With that in mind, I couldn't call them "steak" sandwiches so I changed it to "beef" sandwiches.  Pretty clever, huh?  Yeah, I thought so, too. ;)  It also called for hot pepper sauce, which I don't keep on hand since we don't really care for it.  So my version is minus the pepper sauce.

I didn't get pictures on Sunday of the big batch it made but, thankfully, there was plenty left over for last night.  This is just a small part of it.  Enough for me since Mr. Bill wasn't going to be home for supper.  Doesn't it look yummy?

Look at all that juicy goodness!  Like so many leftovers, it tastes just as good the second and even third time around!  Look closely and you can see the chopped onions and celery.  My daughter added several bouilion cubes to the sauce to make it a bit richer as it seemed a bit watery.

Piled high on whole wheat hamburger buns and some chips and dip on the side.  Yum!  And I had a side dish of fresh fruit from the fruit tray I bought for Sunday and forgot to put out with everything else!  Geez...I can't believe how forgetful I get these days!!

Yes, I ate both of these little babies!  They really aren't that big.  You can tell by the size of my plate.  Are you ready for the recipe?  Okey dokey...I've created my version in a printable recipe for you below.

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did~
                     Photobucket

7 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Yum! Perfect with wavy potato chips. What a great print out too. Thanks for sharing.
Smiles
Renee

Brenda Pruitt said...

This looks quite yummy!
Brenda

Christine said...

We do the same recipe with pulled pork. Also, Pioneer Woman, Ree Drumond has a recipe in her cookbook that you might like. They were good too. Thanks for visiting my blog. I always like to follow blogs from Oklahoma.

Sam I Am...... said...

Thanks for the recipe, Velma! I love your recipes! I tried a few from some of the cooking blogs and they were not that great. I don't have the money or the time to experiment. I want good recipes and yours ALWAYS are! Thank you so much!

Cindy said...

Those look and sound wonderful, thanks so much for the recipe.
(I am very forgetful these days, too, I blame it on the fact that I'm 53 and the lack or changing hormones)
Hugs, Cindy

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your BBQ beef sandwiches look like they were delicious!

TinaTx said...

Looks yummy! I'm all for anything crock- pot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...