Sunday, February 12, 2012

~Jumping on the Bandwagon~

In the blogging community, we all know of the latest buzz concerning Google Friend Connect.  A wonderful followers tool that many, many bloggers and blog readers use to keep track of not only the blogs that we read but also as a tool to know who and how many followers we have.

All I knew was that Google Friend Connect affected non-Google blog platforms, like Wordpress, and that it was going away for them soon.  So, I really didn't give it much attention.  Then I read that rumors were going around that "someday" Google Friend Connect was going to be phased out completely.  Then I thought....hmmm, maybe I need to give this some closer attention but had no idea where to start.


Lately, I began seeing "Linky Followers"boxes on several of my favorite blogs and wanted to know what this new tool was all about.  The other day, I found two posts done by Heather and Vanessa's blog, At the Picket Fence, about this very subject.  The first post is about how and why Linky Followers started.  By the way, by the very same person who created Linky Tools. :)  The second post is a good explanation of not only the pros and cons of Linky Followers and all the advantages of using this wonderful tool, but also a very detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to get started and how to use it.  I was very impressed.  I encourage you to read their posts and decide for yourself about Linky Followers.

At any rate, ...I have decided to jump on the bandwagon and am following in the footsteps of some of my favorite blogs. You can find my Linky Followers box right below the Google Friends Connect box.   Hope to see you there!

Have a happy day today!~

         Photobucket
Pin It


8 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

Thank you for the informational. I added one to my blog as well. I wish they would just leave well enough alone? Enjoy your day...smiles...Renee

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I'm not following with linky follwer and I'll check out those posts you mentioned.

Cindy said...

I am now following you by "Linky Follower".
Hugs, Cindy

Miss Gracie's House said...

I really need to figure this out...thanks for the tip!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Rene'

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

I meant to say "I'm now following", but I accidentally said, "I'm not following." Oh well, have a blessed day.

Karen @ The Well Seasoned Nest said...

Hi Velma. Thanks for stopping by and visiting/leaving a comment. I've just signed on to follow you with Google Friend Connect and look forward to checking out more of your blog. Also, very interested in the Linky followers concept so will read that in detail as soon as I catch up here at my desk. Hope you'll be back to say "hello" again!

Patty Marker said...

Thanks fo the info on Linky followers. I think I will just ride this one out for a while and see what happens. Just when I think I figured things out...well, you know the drill. lol Have a Happy Valentines Day. Patty

My Cottage Charm said...

Hey Velma! Thanks for you sweet comment on my wedding day posts. You know what's really funny...I didn't even care that things weren't going right that day..I just knew I was marrying the man I loved and the rest would be ok. Maybe it's because I was such a young baby and was nieve, but I really didn't let it get to me. (well..except the honeymoon part, I was really upset we didn't get to go to our original destination...but that ended up being ok too once we got there) :) I'm very blessed to have found a real life long love. I can see us 30 more years from now still happily married and going strong! He is my one true love! :)
Hope you have a blessed day and hope your Valentines day was special. :)
Missy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...