Sunday, April 8, 2012

~Happy Resurrection Day!~

~The Resurrection~

We hold so close to our hearts
The cross where Jesus died
But so much more than the blood-stained cross
Is that Jesus came back to life.

The stone's been rolled away,
The tomb lay open and bare.
They looked for Him and then the angel said
That He is no longer here.

Oh, what joy they must have felt
To see Him just once more.
To eat with him, to drink with Him,
To receive Him back as Lord.


So much did He accomplish
Through His death upon the cross
And in His rising from the dead
He reconciled us back to God.

Nothing else could bridge the gap
That sin had wrenched apart.
Now we can freely go to God
And receive Christ in our hearts.
~by M.S. Lowndes~


internet


Photobucket
Pin It

8 comments:

Melinda said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter day.

melinda

My Vintage Mending said...

Blessings on the Easter to you and your family...smiles...Renee

Kerin said...

Velma...
I hope that you had a wonderful Easter with your family :)

How blessed and loved we are that our Savior died for us, that we might live again!

Betty Sneeringer said...

I hope you had a great Easter!

Betty

Cindy said...

Very nice post, my friend. I don't particularly like to see what people call 'pictures' of Jesus, but the shadow says it all, VICTORY over death, hell and the grave!
Hugs, Cindy

vintage grey said...

Hope you had a lovely Easter with your family!! xo Heather

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

Loved this Easter poem. Thankful to know and celebrate the true meaning of Easter. I enjoyed your pictures. I like the way you put the doilies with the white pitchers. That's what I love about blog friends...just little ideas like that...I;m going to copy!
http://betty-southerngrace.blogspot.com

Miss Gracie's House said...

He is risen! I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating!
Rene

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...